How It Works
- Four (4) times per year our members show up to donate directly to a local charity via check or online donation.
- Each member has the opportunity to nominate a local charity. There are eligibility requirements and nominations must be submitted at least three (3) weeks prior to the next quarterly giving circle.
- Approved charities will go “in the hat” at the upcoming giving circle. We randomly draw three (3) charities from the hat each quarter. The nominating members associated with those three (3) charities will present their nonprofit to their group at the following quarter’s giving circle. We draw charity names one quarter in advance to give members time to prepare their presentations. Members will be notified that their charity was drawn. If a member is not available to present their nonprofit, another charity will be selected to take its place.
- The nominating members will be asked to make an informal presentation, of up to five minutes, to the group about their charity’s mission and why it is deserving of the members’ vote (no PowerPoint or collateral materials, please).
- Members will have the opportunity to ask questions after each presentation (up to five minutes).
- After the presentations and Q&A, an anonymous ballot/poll is held, and the charity with the most votes will be the recipient of that evening’s donations.
- Each member or team donates a minimum $100 to the charity with the most votes – no exceptions. Members who are not in attendance must make their donation immediately after the giving circle. There is no proxy voting.
- All donations made by check are collected by the Executive Committee and given to the selected charity within one (1) month of the giving circle. Donations made online go directly to the charity through their donation site. The member who nominated the recipient charity will be asked to participate in the BIG GIVE check presentation at the charity location.
- The selected charity is then invited back to the next giving circle to share with members the substantial impact their donations have made.
- The charity who receives our donations is not eligible to be nominated/presented again for 24 months in that group, i.e. Ahwatukee, Scottsdale, or East Valley. The member may nominate a new charity for consideration at future giving circles. The other two (2) charities will sit out the next quarter and may be presented again at future giving circles.
- Two-way ties will be decided by one more round of votes. If a tie persists, the two names that are tied will go back in the hat and the recipient will be drawn at random.
- The selected charity must agree not to give out member information to any third parties or add them to their mailing list for future solicitation.
- The selected charity must agree to send charitable tax receipts to our members. Members are responsible for ensuring their current address is on, or attached, to their check or online donation if they want a receipt. Tax receipts are provided by the charity directly to the members. 100+ WWC is not responsible for sending tax receipts to members.
- Members making online donations to the charity must email their receipt of the donation to our Executive Committee.
Please feel free to attend any giving circle as a guest. If, while you are at the giving circle, you would like to donate to the selected charity, you are welcome to do so. However, you must be a member to vote at the giving circle. Our Membership and Commitment Forms will be available for anyone wishing to become a member. Individuals must have a completed Membership and Commitment Form on file prior to nominating a charity and voting.
Please visit our FAQ page to find answers to all your questions!