How It Works
- Four (4) times per year our members show up with a blank check in hand to give BIG.
- Each member has the opportunity to nominate a local charity. There are eligibility requirements and nominations must be approved at least two (2) weeks prior to the next quarterly meeting.
- At each meeting, three (3) nominated and approved charities will be randomly drawn “from the hat”. The nominating members will be asked to make an informal presentation, of up to five (5) minutes, to the group about their charity’s mission and why it is deserving of the members’ vote (no PowerPoint or collateral materials, please). *The members, whose charities were drawn, must be in attendance and available to present her charity to the group. If a member is not in attendance another charity will be drawn.
- Members will have the opportunity to ask questions after each presentation.
- After the presentations and Q&A, an anonymous ballot is held and the charity with the most votes will be the recipient.
- Each member writes a $100 check made out to the charity with the most votes – no exceptions. Members who are not in attendance must send a blank check with a trusted friend or mail their check to the chapter’s designated Executive Committee member before the meeting or immediately after the meeting. There is no proxy voting.
- All the checks are collected by the Executive Committee and given to the selected charity within three (3) weeks of the meeting. The member who nominated the recipient charity will be asked to participate in the BIG GIVE.
- The selected charity is then invited back to the next meeting to share with members the BIG impact their donations have made.
- The selected charity is not eligible to be nominated/presented again for eighteen (18) months. The member may nominate a new charity for consideration at future meetings. The other two (2) charities may be nominated/presented again at future meetings.
- Two-way ties will be decided by one more round of votes. If a tie persists, the two names that are tied will go back in the hat and the recipient will be drawn at random.
- The selected charity must agree not to give out member information to any third parties or add them to their mailing list for future solicitation.
- The selected charity must agree to send charitable tax receipts to our members. Members are responsible for ensuring their current address is on or attached to their check if they want a receipt. Tax receipts are provided by the charity directly to the members. 100+ WWC is not responsible for sending the tax receipts to members.
- Note: Donations made directly to the selected charity and online donations do not count towards the member’s commitment unless a receipt of the donation is emailed to our Executive committee.
Please feel free to attend any meeting as a guest. If, while you’re at the meeting, you would like to donate to the selected charity you are welcome to do so. However, you must be a member to vote for the night’s selected charity. Our Membership and Commitment Forms will be available for anyone wishing to become a member. Individuals must have a completed Membership and Commitment Form on file prior to nominating a charity.
Please visit our FAQ page to find answers to all your questions!